Thar's Gold in Them Thar CD's

Counterspy

You may be be surprised to know, and then maybe not, that Mandrakesoft's inspired list of programs to install leaves out a virtual gold mine of software that made it in to the distro. There are docs like Rute, utilities like parted and gpart and other goodies just wating for you. And now they make it easy. From Software Management in the Mandrake Control Center you have a new method for installing software. Choose Rpmdrake for installing software. Don't use Mandrake's list, but choose the straight alphabetical or grouped listing to see everything on the CD's. You will be handsomely rewarded. N.B. Do not install any kernels with this method!!!

Counterspy

This kind of thing has always happen with mandrake. Heck.. gkrellm is not even in the default listing but the gkrellm-devel is. I guess the default listing is the basic listing omitting lots of software and the alphabetical listing is the advanced version listing all software available.

You may be be surprised to know, and then maybe not, that Mandrakesoft's inspired list of programs to install leaves out a virtual gold mine of software that made it in to the distro.  There are docs like Rute, utilities like parted and gpart and other goodies just wating for you.  And now they make it easy.  From Software Management in the Mandrake Control Center you have a new method for installing software.  Choose Rpmdrake for installing software.  Don't use Mandrake's list, but choose the straight alphabetical or grouped listing to see everything on the CD's.  You will be handsomely rewarded.  N.B. Do not install any kernels with this method!!!

Counterspy

This has been the case since at least LM8.0. Remember, there has always been over 3000 packages on those CDs.

Glitz.

Yes they have been there but until v. 9.0, it was necessary to search the cd's themsevles. Now that no longer appears to be the case with the method we have for finding them in a much easier way. I also felt that newer users might not have ever looked through the CD's and that is why I drew attention to the method for doing it.

Counterspy