fonts in openoffice

bovy

i have a problem with openoffice

i'm a Thai user and i can make thai fonts in openoffice but i need to do a homework which requires Angsana New font (windows). threfore, i import fonts from windows and yet, all Thai fonts appear as box.

to clarify, onced i've got Tahoma font work in openoffice and it still ok after import fonts from windows but Angsana New and all thai fonts imported from windows don't work.

thank you for any help

there is more information on this problem here, but since this is now specific to openoffice please continue to give advice in this thread.

bovy: sorry I don't have any tips for you...I haven't had too many dealings with fonts :-/ - but my only guess is it may have something to do with the encoding (i have no idea how to change this). One thing I could find was this post over at the Ubuntu forums regarding the same issue. Note that some of the tips there are Ubuntu specific (i.e. the lines referencing apt-get, for this just search for the package in Mandriva Control Center's software installer)

thx TYME, so does Mandriva and Ubuntu share the same solution in some case? can i apply Ubuntu problem resolving to Mandriva?
For the most part, yes. They are both Linux systems using the same software, so to an extent the solutions should work across the platforms. Unless you run into something that's been customized by the distribution, in which case you may need to modify the steps a bit (or it may not work all together, as some solutions are distribution-specific). It's sort of hit and miss, but in this case the solution over at the Ubuntu board should at least be a good starting point.

i'm Googling and hope to find any fix. actually, there is a Thai linux(opentle) base on ubuntu which perfectly works fine in Thai fonts. i try to ask them on the board but no one can answer me.

anyway i'm downloading 2007.1 and i hope it will fix these.

in addition i don't know that the problems are caused by openoffice or Mandriva imported fonts system because openoffice on my Windows is working correctly.

ok guys, i got it in Mandriva Spring.

it seem the problem is fixed but not perfectly.

All you have to do is Click "Import Windows Fonts" in control center

but for my fonts Angsana New it's error: it has only Italic and Bold style, so I copy it directly from Windows and "Import each by each":Italic, Bold and Normal. finally, i can use Angsana New both in firefox and openoffice.

thank you for every help. i think i fall in love with you all guys. haha