USB Headset and TV card

Guest forficula

Guest forficula

Hi all,

I really like Mandriva 2007 - it is fast and a dream to use. However, it is still not very user-friendly. I would like to use both my Logitec USB headset and the internal Cinergy 1400 digital receiver. I cannot see an easy way to achieve this - does anyone elsse?

Many thanks in advance.

d

Hi all,

I really like Mandriva 2007 - it is fast and a dream to use. However, it is still not very user-friendly. I would like to use both my Logitec USB headset and the internal Cinergy 1400 digital receiver. I cannot see an easy way to achieve this - does anyone elsse?

Many thanks in advance.

d

Don't know about the receiver, but for the headset you should just be able to plug it in and go. I just got a similar unit (a MS LX3000) and that's what I did. Oh, you will have to run a program like alsamixer to unmute the channels.

Actually Mandriva is very user friendly.

It sensibly mutes most audio channels until the user decides what channels he/she wants to use.

Having everything unmuted by default would be disasterous.

There would be feedback squeals all over the place.

You need to remember that Linux is not Widows where everything is left wide openby default.

Linux is designed to best serve the user and sometimes it means trying to protect some users against themselves.

If you are using kde, check to see if KMIX is installed by going....Menu.....Multimedia......Sound and see if KMIX is there.

If it is and it is most likely it is then click on it and make your selections there.

Under the Output Tab make sure Master and PCM are at about 80% and that the green buttons are a glowy green and not an olive green.

cheers. john.