When coasters are not and 79kb is too much

chef_kunal

:lol: just installed 9.1

Been downloading for 8 days with d4x.

Thought i would share my experience here.

the first cd downloaded fast - 1.5 days. The second two cds took the rest of time. With d4x the 2 cd iso got stuck with 79kb to go and stayed there for almost three hours. it was downloading the file in 10 parts form many different servers. I used gftp to complete the 79 kb from a french server and then the md5sum didnt match. Well ok ill install with the 1st iso only.

Then i burned the first iso. ..... couldnt read it. Burned another one .....couldnt read it either. burned a third one .... same story. 3 coasters is too much!!!!!

dismantled the cdrw drive (* samsung) cleaned it up, lubed the parts inside and reassembled and rebooted.

The Coasters were not really coasters !!! I have three MDK 9.1 discs!!!!!!

I have to say 9.1 is really cool. Dma enabled by default, my scanner works straight away, i had to do a lot of playing to get it working in mdk9.

Only where is mozilla messenger????? Openofice?

Well i guess another 3 days and i should have the second cd also.....

but then I think that can wait !! This is really cool to play with and then i will install what i want slowly maybe with an ftp urpmi source. Lets burn cd3 now.

Anyway.

the first cd downloaded fast - 1.5 days.

Man thats true dedication, when 9.2 whatever, comes out, send me a e-mail, I will post them to you.

admin@mandrakeusers.com