another:user mounting

Michel

I want to make my floppy,...mountable by a normal user. I tried adding users and also users in fstab as options, but both won't work, a user can't mount the filesystem......How can I change this??????I'm can't stressed about all these stupid little , but anoying things. :x :x

This is my fstab entry for cd's and floppy, is it the same for you?

# CD/DVD

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdb,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0

none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0

none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0

Not sure why then. Just to check, I made a new user (using 9.1) and had him try to mount the floppy. Worked fine. Then checked groups to see if maybe there was some setup that I was using that you weren't. But my new user is not part of the floppy group. You can try adding him to the floppy group and see if it works..

Also, you might want to post your mandrake version and the fstab file (not just the line). Someone may pick up on something..

Guest GorGor

Michel

I don't know your version either but from at least Mdk 8 plus

execute mcc in terminal mode or click on Mdk control center and then click on mount points and then click on floppy

With luck you may see options radio button click ok to enter it then you find the option to add user as an option.

I agree with you and have disallowed supermount.

Forgive me if you have already tried this.