Video Mode not Supported (Graphics Card Problem)

Peter_APIIT

Recently, i have installed the Mandriva Linux Power Pack in my computer. After installation, i reboot my computer. After reboot, when come to login screen, a error message occurs which is

"Video Mode not Supported"

I don't know how to solved it un rescue mode. Your help is greatly appreciated by me.

Thanks for your help.

Could be misconfigured or non-configure X server. So login as root, and then do:

XFdrake

from the command prompt. It's case-sensitive so type it as above. If you have problems with that, type:

mcc

instead. Use the arrow keys and tab key to navigate, and go into Display and configure in here.

Thanks Ianw1974. I will try to configure my graphics card. By the way, i using Geforce 7100GS. This graphic card is not supported by Linux. What driver should i use. I have another version of Mandriva 2007 free version, i have try to use the nv, nvdia128, vesa(Bad) and nvidia geforce nvidia 7100 gs. I run out of idea to configure the graphics crad. Besides that, i also try to install the driver from official NVIDIA website but the driver complaint that the kernel interface doesn't match. What should i do now ?

Please forgive my stupidness. I really a newbie to Linux.

Thanks for your help.

Hope Jesus will blesses you all.