Install goes into login prompt :( (newbie)

Guest Azmatic

Guest Azmatic

Hi,

i'm a beginner in linux os and for that matter new to mandriva. i downloaded the free mandriva 2007 cd and i'm trying to get past a problem that i encouter each time i boot of the cd.

after i press 'enter' to go into the setup it loads into a prompt asking me for a localhost login and password.

i can't get any where from there. i'm thinking maybe this a problem with my video card or something???

my system is:

intel p4

asus p4t533-c

ati aiw 8500 dv

can anyone help me around this annoying problem and allow me to experience the power of mandriva 2007?

Thanks in advance.

You shouldn't bump into a login screen DURING install, only afterwards

You say: 1CD ? You didn't download the livecd now did you? Couldn't say if this is normal behaviour for the livecd cus i didn't test that one but everything you say sure sounds/looks and smells like it :)

you should have 4CD's or a DVD...

otherwise, i am as lost as you ^^

No, this isn't normal behaviour for the live cd either ;)

Welcome aboard, azmatic! mub-beer.gif

Just to check though, you are talking about the live CD called "One", right? Which means you're not "installing" it, you're just running from CD. In which case you should get a choice to set some options right at the start, if you need to. Try setting some generic graphics driver there if you can rather than let it autodetect. For me it worked fine, but it sounds like it's autodetecting the wrong config for your graphics card.

Guest Azmatic

thanks for the help....

actually i am running off of the live cd and i believe it has something to do with the autodetect of my video card.

is there any way around this???