mcc

Floyd

It appears it was installed, however, it's possible that there is some other check that Mandriva does which is causing it to think it was unsuccessful. Have you tried closing out MCC and opening it back up to see if the package shows up in your installed programs list?

thank you tyme

tyme

Have you tried closing out MCC and opening it back up to see if the package shows up in your installed programs list?

Yes i have and it does not show up in installed list. I don't see how it could unless there are repositories which "rpmdrake"? can find which are not in my /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg file.

After scroogle searching "x11-driver-video-radeon mandriva" i get 9 hits. No english.

Rpmfind.net search comes up zero.

Scroogle hits for "x11-driver-video-radeon" results with a package called (xorg-x11-driver-video-radeon-6.6.3-10.1.i586.rpm) on an opensuse mirror.

I can't find any evidence to conclude the package "x11-driver-video-radeon" was ever on any mandriva mirror. After installing from "mandriva-one-2007-kde1.iso" I have installed nothing on this machine which was not from the iso or repos via easyurpmi. Why would drakconf offer me software and begin to download and complete an install of something which does not appear to exist? Perhaps it was on the cd?

This is the log after disabling all media through the "media manager" tool then urpmi.update -a and trying again.

22:27:58 XFdrake[7329]: ### Program is starting ###

22:27:59 XFdrake[7329]: running: /bin/rpm -q --qf %{name} task-x11

22:28:00 XFdrake[7329]: launched command: mount /proc 2>/dev/null

22:28:16 XFdrake[7329]: Xconfig::card: Xorg|radeon manually chosen

22:28:16 XFdrake[7329]: running: /bin/rpm -q --qf %{name} x11-driver-video-radeon

22:28:16 XFdrake[7329]: running: /bin/rpm -q --qf %{name} x11-driver-video-radeon

22:28:16 XFdrake[7329]: installed packages x11-driver-video-radeon

What does "installed packages x11-driver-video-radeon" actually mean? Does it mean the package has not been installed? Does it mean anything?

Not a big deal. I was just wondering.

Is there a file on your hard drive with the name x11-driver-video-radeon?

Why would drakconf offer me software and begin to download and complete an install of something which does not appear to exist?

I think everyone here on the MUB has a least one story of mcc misbehavior. I know I do :rolleyes: