Integrate contrib into DVD install?

Guest josetann

Guest josetann

I'd like to know how I can add the contrib packages to make one bootable DVD. I downloaded cooker this past Sunday and was able to make a bootable DVD using that, plus all the packages seem to be the same version as in 9.1 so it looks like I got a jump start on 9.1 :) Anyways it asked me for the contrib cd and of course I didn't have one, but I'd like to make a new iso with it and have it available for download from my site.

Any ideas?

I've read it on mandrake forum end posted it a couple a days ago on this board. With iso-manipultingsoftware, you can throw the extra rpms in teh first rpms ...Have to ask on that further, but suppose the ropm directory. I don't know any isomanip-)software, but I'm sure if you first have all the iso's on harddisk, you can mount the iso's as a seperate filesystem and put the one iso in teh other..Should work to my opinion. Mounting of the iso's on harddisk can be done, as simple as mounting a cd...

Guest josetann

I may try just putting the contrib rpm's into the Mandrake/RPMS directory, but I just don't think it'd be that easy. Don't have to worry about mounting and editing iso's, I just put everything under one directory and make my own iso...actually did this on accident when I downloaded cooker and tried to make iso's out of it and ended up with one huge iso...I was able to burn it to DVD and it booted fine. I may just make an iso without contribs, but it'd be nicer to have the contribs since there's plenty of space with a DVD. I plan on making the image downloadable from my site so if you can think of anything that should be added, let me know.