Firefox PHP in Mandriva 2007

Magikx21

I recently installed Mandriva 2007 onto one of my computers. It works fine except when I am using Firefox and goto a .php page it either tries to download the file or it closes Firefox. Can someone tell me what's worng and give me an idea of how to fix it. Thanks.

If your browser is trying to download the file instead of just display it as html, it's almost certainly a web server problem - the web server is either delivering the raw php (which it shouldn't, it should process it into html), or it's configured wrong so it's reporting the wrong file type.

Are you running the web server too, is it your php that you're trying to run? Or is it someone else's php server somewhere on the internet?

Note that if you're just trying to "open file" in the browser and select the php file from your file system, then that's the wrong way to go about it. You need a web server.

Does the site have any flash, java, or other such items on it? That is, things that are more than your basic XHTML (PHP included in that, because PHP is server side so the client shouldn't even see it).