ALC650 / VIA8233 - Alsa&Mandrake9

Guest Yablos

Guest Yablos

(sorry for my english)

How to get it working: ALC650 soundcard.

Iam spend about 10Hours of trying to get it working but doesnt helped me. Step-By step tutorial from http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-p...&module=via82xx doesnt helped me, so i dont know what to do more.

Iam allways tryied to compile that packages:

Alsa9.2

Alsa9.1

Alsa9.0rc6

Alsa9.0rc5

(3 packages for each version: driver, lib,utils)

And original driver from realtek which is 9.0rc5. Until now Iam never heard ANY beep from the soundcard :(

When sliding with volume control in KDEmixer i can hear more o less noise in speakers but its all.

When try to play some MP3 in XMMS, so XMMS freeze - cant be closed, anything.

When i try to change sound from control center, sometimes it said Sound blabla is Bussy, sometimes not. Getting really angry.

If anyone has it working tell me which alsa driver, post please whole etc/MODULE.CONF and some usefull info how to get it work.

thanks pplz and see ya

Probably the same as Kmixer, but did you try aumix? Because you get some ound, it works a little bit. Had this problem also...Another option that's easy...with sounddrake you can choose among drivers manually, tried that? Else, you probably need to find a better driver indeed I think, but we'll see then...

I've also a via-motherboard, although not the same and use the onoard soundcard, that is pretty good. With sounddrake I could choose my card and ones(don't ask me how, but I think some app did it, or me:)) it changed top the other driver, but you can also choose the one of via.

Although it won't be the same it is via82cxxx_audio and it is draksound, my mistake.

Guest Yablos

Iam tryied to change the audio sound server like: Advanced Sound.... Threaded .... And so

In alsamixer is the name of the soundcard displayed correctly.....

Cant play ANY sound, becous application which try to play the sound freeze. If iam tryied to click on TEST SOUND in control center - again nothing happend. Volume is set in more then 5mixers to correct values. XMMS is not only one which iam tryied.

its sound codec/card in MSI KT3 mainboard but it doesnt matter i think. Really dunno what to do :/