File Name Tool [Solved]

jagwah

Can anyone point me to a program which will take file names for example, and capitalize the first letter of each word in the file name, that type of stuff. I seen a tool the other day that did the above plus much more, but I didn't bother to take note of what it was or anything, now I can't remember where I saw it or anything :rolleyes: , I think it was a CLI program, I would prefer a GUI one, but I will take what I can get, so long as it doesn't take a degree in physics to use it. One that can do directories/multiple files would also be welcomed.

/me goes back to searching through the many packages in Synaptic, oh my eye's, my eye's

Edited by jagwah

:thumbs:

Well I'll be damned, I have been using krename for quite some time, and it is great for the purpose I have been using it for. I never thought it could do what I am after now, to be honest I never looked into it past what I was using it for, never really knew it's capabilities, but seeing as you mentioned it, I thought I would check it out, so I dug a little deeper, and what do you know, there it is right there, under my nose all this time.

Even though it is not the program I read about the other day, and was looking for, it will do the job very nicely indeed, and I already have it installed.

Thank you very much for getting me to open my eyes and look at what I already have.

:thanks: