Apache Include

Guest uziamawe

Guest uziamawe

Can you help please.

Question I.

I installed the new qmai-toaster on a freshly configured Mandriva 2006.

I have edited hosts.allow and hosts.deny and the public is abble to log on my server at, gladnessproductions.com[. I am hosting eight more domains which are working fine on the same server.

I have tried for two weeks now to know why I can't access the admin-toaster page but I don't know the reason why. I even have installed, qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.8mdk.i586.rpm, qmail-pop3d-toaster-1.03-1.3.8mdk.i586.rpm, courier-imap-toaster-4.1.1-1.3.4mdk.i586.rpm and clamav-toaster-0.88.6-1.3.6mdk.i586.rpm which are supposed to fix permision but in vain. Please note that I used mdk103-deps.sh and mdk103-perl.sh to make sure all depencies were installed.

I use apache2. Upon chacking the log file I found the following errors:

1. "script not found or unable to stat: /usr/share/toaster/cgi-bin/infolist"

2. /usr/share/toaster/htdocs/.htaccess: Invalid command 'toaster', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

The browser side error showing reads : The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

The last install of qmail-toaster gave me problems, but when I sought assistance the people at qmailtoaster.com helped with permission and everything worked well until the Mandriva 2006 install.

I even added the following authorization in my httpd.conf file but it has not solved the problem :

<Directory /usr/share/toaster>

Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews

#Options -All -Multiviews

AllowOverride None

<IfModule mod_access.c>

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

</IfModule>

</Directory>

Would you be kind helping me as to how I can reach the admin-toaster page. Is there something I need to do on apache or php that you think I should try.

Question II.

Even at the console leval when I try to add domains and account, I get the following error:

/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain testimo.com Segeya+4

vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': Table 'dir_control' already exists

vmysql: sql error: Table 'dir_control' is read only

vmysql: error creating table 'lastauth': Table 'lastauth' already exists

vmysql: sql error[f]: Table 'lastauth' is read only

When I try adding users for any domain I get the following error:

vmysql: error creating table 'lastauth': Table 'lastauth' already exists

vmysql: sql error[f]: Table 'lastauth' is read only

That is despite that the password for mysql and the port are well defined in /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql file, as shown: |localhost|3306|vpopmail|mysql_password|vpopmail

I looked around and found that Mandriva 2006 is configured with php5. During installation of qmail-toaster, libphp_common432 which is requested as a dependency could not be installed. Instead I installed libphp5_common5-5.0.4-9mdk.i586.rpm. Do you think this world be the reason for this second error, where vpopmail cannot communicate with mysql? Please not I have made sure mysql is running.

Can you please help. My clients have now grown impatient and I don't know what to do.

To finish, please note that my security setting is currently set on paranoi (level 5). But I have tried to bring it down even to level one and this has not brought answer to my problem.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

John C.

[moved from Talk-Talk by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]