Mandriva section on PolishLinux.org

Guest michuk

Hello Mandriva users!

Just a short introduction of me and the website first... PolishLinux.org is a quite new GNU/Linux and BSD vortal which focuses on providing decent information about popular free operating systems (mainly GNU/Linux and BSD versions). We aim at being the first site to visit when picking a Linux distribution. We currently have descriptions of most major Linux and BSD systems and a nice feature comparison table where you can compare two selected OS-s side-by-side.

We like and promote the Mandriva distro, and we would like the information about it on our vortal to be as full and up-to-date as possible. As we don't have enough resources to test all the systems and their current versions, I'm asking you for help here.

I recently set up a PolishLinux community wiki on which everyone can edit the features of Mandriva (nad other distros) to be later included in the distro comparison table.

Mandriva page on the wiki is here: http://wiki.polishlinux.org/mandriva

Feel free to edit and enhence this page or comment/discuss the current description. The content will be tranferred to the original webpage as soon as any reasonable changes are made.

Also, we are also looking for a person who would like to volunteer to be the major Mandriva editor for PolishLinux. He/she would be responsible for updating the Mandriva description (similar to other descriptions published on vortal -- look at the distro links on the left pane to read some of them), as well as moderating (and hopefully updating) the information on Mandriva in the interactive Linux distro features comparison table (provided that there will be one) by incorporating the changes from the Wiki. Of course, after creating the descriprion, ideally, constant updates should be performed when a new version of Mandriva appears.

Please contact me directly or post a message here if you are willilng to volunteer for the job. If you would only like to edit the Mandriva deatures in the wiki, you can do so without notifying me -- I will see that anyway :). If you have any suggestions concerning the current status of the vortal, please feel free to share your ideas here as well.

Greetings to the whole Mandriva community!

Borys (michuk) Musielak

http://polishlinux.org