Eudora to Mozilla Mail Converter

shoegoo

I am trying to switch my mom to Linux. One of the major problems I foresee is her having to rebuild all of her e-mail information(address book, mailbox, etc.) She uses Eudora on Windows. I have found some utilities for converting the mailbox to a format that most Linux mail programs can interpret, but I havent been able to find a utility to convert the address book. If there is a tool that does both of these things that would be great. Thanks.

Guest duir66

One start might be to install Moz on her Windows box before transition. See if it will do it there. If so, it can be save to floppy, ftp, zip, etc., and re-installed once Linux is installed.

I have both installed on XP where I work. Never thought to try. Moz Mail is far better IMHO. Will check it out Thursday when I go back and get back with you. :)

Guest duir66

This works. Tried with Win XP/Eudora to ML9.0/MozMail :D

In the moz mail client on Windows, click on the "Tools" menu, then click on Import. A listing of all of the mail clients and a few other choices come up. Select Eudora then next.

Then go to your "Window" menu in the moz mail client, select "Address Book".

In your address book client you will see "Eudora nicknames". Select it. Then click on "Tools" menu. Drop down to "Export" and select. It will then prompt you to designate a name and a place you want to save it. Give it a name and leave the file extension as "ldi, or ldif". Save and then drop it on a floppy.

Once on the linux box, open moz mail client, address book then repeat the process to Import as listed above. When the file requestor asks you for a file, select Text (notice that ldif is a sub-option of text). I would suggest, at this point to just copy the file to Desktop and aiming the requestor to the Desktop to find it. The file will not appear and you will have to type the name of the file in. Select open. Moz Mail then imports the file.

Good luck, if you need more help, don't hesitate.