updating mandriva's software

null

ok something else. In the future, when I do another urpmi --auto-select to update everything, is urpmi going to know that I now have a newer firefox - since I got it myself and not thru urpmi...? After getting it from mozilla.com, I put it in /usr/share. The old one was somewhere else.

So next time I do the "urpmi update everything" (since I now have the seerofsouls site) is urpmi gonna know I alread have the newer firefox?

so if I now do another urpmi --auto --auto-select,, and since I have the SoS repo, it will think it needs to install the newer firefox.

I assume it won't hurt anything, I can just keep using my already newer version, or I can start using the urpmi one, and then remove the one I installed yesterday...

For me to remove the one I installed yesterday, it looks like its just a matter of deleting the folder.

so if I now do another urpmi --auto --auto-select,, and since I have the SoS repo, it will think it needs to install the newer firefox.

I assume it won't hurt anything, I can just keep using my already newer version, or I can start using the urpmi one, and then remove the one I installed yesterday...

For me to remove the one I installed yesterday, it looks like its just a matter of deleting the folder.

Yup, you got it :P