Kmail

javaguy

I have a question, and I don't know if it's kmail-related, e-mail-related or something to do with the domain to which I'm trying to send e-mail, but I'm posting here in hopes that somebody can point me in the right direction.

I have a friend whose e-mail is at isp.com (yes, that's the real domain name), and when I send her a message it sits in my outbox and tries again and again and again to send the message, supposedly without success. Finally I have to delete the message from my outbox. Then a couple days later she tells me she got 164 copies of the message. :o

Hers is the only address I have trouble sending messages to. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sam

My first quick thought is: Her mail-service isn't configured properly by the ISP. From what I see, it is not a kmail problembut a problem that the mail server that you send the mail to does not sent a signal back to your machine that tells your computer that the mailing was successful, thus the mailing program tries to send it again. But: in any case, I would also test the mail-service with an alternative mailing program. Try e.g. thunderbird or evolution. If both react the same way, then it is definitely the mail-server/ISP who is the culprit.