Error while loading shared libraries...

SteamCat

I installed Netscape 7.01 from Netscape's tar file. I fiddled with a couple other things in the system as well and I don't recall exactly what.

Now I am unable to load KDE in my account. Also, when I run some commands at the prompt, such as ls or startx I get this message:

startx

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/lib/i386/libawt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ls

ls: error while.... (same message)

When I try to go to the directories named in that string I get stopped at /usr/java/ The system tells me that no such directory exists when I try to get into j2sdk1.4.1_01

Of course, since ls doen't work I can't see anything below /usr/java

Any tips would be appreciated. 8)

WhooHooo! Fixed 8)

It was completely unrelated to Netscape. It was in fact a direct result of trying to get java to work in Opera 6.11

Which I never fully succeeded in doing. :evil:

I had added some java crap to my .bash_profile and that's what was screwing everything up. I added that stuff weeks ago and but the problem didn't manifest until I logged out of my account and tried to log back in.