Days in trying to get Php5 working? Help needed

Guest keithc71

Guest keithc71

Hey all i'm at a loss here. I have battled and battled in trying to get apache 2.2/mysql5/php5 all working together. I have successfuly installed apache 2.2 and I belive mysql 5 but when I try to tie in php I am now getting this. Anyone help me out here? I could really use it. Thanks

[root@Linux php5]# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php5 --with-apxs2=/wwwroot/bin/apxs --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-zlib-dir=</usr/local> --with-zlib-dir=configure --without-http-zlib-compression   --enable-magic-quotes
configure: warning: You will need re2c 0.9.11 or later if you want to regenerate PHP parsers.
configure: error: mysql configure failed. Please check config.log for more information.

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

please post the config.log from the directory you're compiling it in. the problem that's keeping you from getting a successful compile is:

configure: error: mysql configure failed. Please check config.log for more information.

but obviously there isn't enough info there to determine what exactly is wrong :)

The warning about re2c won't cause the compile to fail.

Question: Do you need the latest and greatest PHP? I know PHP, MySQL and Apache are all available via the various repositories and can be installe from the Mandriva Control Center (aka "Configure Your Computer) with the software installer.

Guest keithc71

I went through Mandriva's Perfect setup procedure and Installed ISPConfig etc The problem was that I dont need all that. All I want is a lamp server and I decided to rewipe the box and start from scratch using newest source files for apache/mysql/php. Anyways I am working through a book which says to do it this way due to lack of options when using the default packages that come with the distro. I wanted to post the config.log but it is a huge file. I was reading that I may not have the mysql libraries installed and I looked for libraries for my version of mysql which is 5 and I can't seem to find them. Very lost here

Guest keithc71

Hi, I think I found out why It would not compile and it is crazy how long it took me to try this or find out this may be a bug.

/configure --prefix=/usr/local/php5 --with-apxs2=/wwwroot/bin/apxs --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --enable-magic-quotes

This was the line that was failing

I changed --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql to --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql

This change seems to have fixed it.

Edited by keithc71