Screen position

Magikx21

I recently setup a Mandriva 2006 box and I am having the problem that when booting my screen is in one position but once I enter KDE the screen moves over to the right quite a bit. I am only able to adjust this by using the monitor settings. The graphics card is a GeForce 2 w/ 64mb built on RAM, the monitor is older and the only thing I know about it is that it is labeled ULTRA. If anyone can give me an idea as to why this is happening or how to fux it please let me know. Thanks.

Once you install the appropiate driver as thyme recommends you will likely still have the problem just the same unless you have set screen resolution and frame rate to be the same in both OSs.

I have found this to be always a problem with CRT monitors. LCD Monitors don't seem to be effected in this manner as shown by the frame rate being 75hz in winblows and only 60hz in Mandriva on my machine.

60hz seems to be a max in Mandriva and since the screen image is excellent anyway, I can't be bothered doing fiddling to try to alter it to 75hz.

Cheers. John.