I'm stuck!

Guest Silver Bear

Guest Silver Bear

O.k. I rebooted the computer trying to let some changes I made to the system take effect as the computer was taking a long time to process anything and when it came up again I was not able to log in under my user account...:( I logged in under failsafe and I couldn't log in as root/su either. Anyone have any idea's as to what I can do to get this problem fixed other than to reinstall? Could use the help... Thanks

[moved to software by tyme]

Guest Silver Bear

O.k. Tried that and I still can't log in to the Graphical interface (Any of them) so I tried to go through failsafe and grab some files that I need off of it at least, but now I'm running into the issue of the directory I created has a space (eg. Mambo Files) And keeps telling me that there is no such file or directory. I can't even change the name of it to something I can get into. Any suggestions there?

What you could do if you can't login at the GUI screen is press CTRL-ALT-F1 altogether, and you will get a console window instead of the gui. Maybe login in normal mode, and see if you can find the directory.

You can get into it using the tab key to create the rest of the name or by typing it in quotes. Example:

cd "Mambo Files"

remember that the directory will be case sensitive so you have to type it exactly as it appears. You could just type the first few letters and press tab and it will complete it for you.