Mozilla

Guest ump

I was setting up Crossover and everything seem to go fine that is until I logged back into my user account and tried to start Mozilla the select profile screen comes up I secect my profile but then nothing happens it just sits there. I went back to root removed crossover and tried again same thing.

I tried to remove Mozilla but it says this will break your system and aborts.

I am forced to use Konqueror which I don't like

Please help me get my Mozilla back

did you do a restart, i recall having a similar problem untill i did a restart(a logout didn't work).

It must be some stalled program that need to be killed, not mozilla-bin (though you should definately check to see if there are any mozilla processess running),but some other obscuer process.

open a terminal, do:

ps -fu username | grep mozilla

to check for any rogue mozilla processes running. then kill them with:

kill pid

where pid is the number in the second column in from the left (first column would be your user name).

That is very strange have you added any mozilla plugins lately?

Also you could try removing your /.mozilla folder from your home directory (after backing up you bookmarks and mail folders of course) so it gets rebuilt.

You can download a newer version of mozilla and install it in your home directory and try using that. 1.3 is significantly improved over 1.1 IMO, so i would do this anyway.

Mozilla is working again though I took the newbie wat out I reinstalled MDK leaving my home partition alone works fine now.

What I still don't understand is that why MDK would not allow me in remove Mozilla.

Can anyone ans. that for me Just Curious.

Thanks for all the replies.