Required: Screen recording software [solved]

Ceco

I spent 1 hour of searching in google but i dont find anything about screen recording software for linux.Did such an app exist? I just want to record to avi my desktop. I tryed with win app for recording emulated through wine but it crashed.

What about Ksnapshot. It is included on your Mandriva installation CD-roms.

It enables you to do screen captures, as it is called in windows. In KDE it is simply called snapshot.

You can take whole screen, single windows, part windows or segments.

Very versatile and the images are in a common format that does NOT require a special application such as swf or others to display them.

By the way. Fantastic to see you posting again Anna. We have missed you for quite a while.

Cheers. John.

Hello John, long time no seen --

Seco wishes to produce a *video*, thus recording a whole sequence from the screen. ksnapshot only makes screenshots :-(

There are two tools that I know for linux, the mentioned Wink (not Open Source, but free beer), and xvidcap/gvidcap, which is in /contrib -- and unfortunately completely broken and not functional in MDV 2006 and in LE 2005.

Wink can make interactive tutorials (from the screen, running programs for examples) or just produce a non-interactive flash film.

Cheers, Chris