Mandriva won't mount filesystem

Guest boolean

Guest boolean

Hi there! I’m so desperate that I’ve signed up for this account ;) I’m trying to install Mandriva 2006 DVD Free, but it seems to have a problem with my Promise FastTRAK TX2000 raid array.

My previous configuration was a multi-boot setup with: MS-DOS, W98SE en XP. This worked fine on my retro system.

RETRO specs:

Dual Intel PIII Xeon 550/100/2048

AOpen DX2G+ mobo (1xISA/6xPCI/1xAGP) dual PCI bus /w IRQ mapper

ASUS V8200T5 Deluxe (GeForce 3 Ti 500 64mb DDR)

Adaptec onboard 7896 Dual chanel SCSI controler

Promise Ultra100 TX2 IDE controller

Promise FastTRAK TX2000 raid controller

Seagate Cheetah 15K3 18gb scsi hdd on Adaptec 7896 [/root /swp /home]

Seagate 120gb ide hdd & WD 80gb ide hdd on Ultra100 TX2 [/wnt]

2x Maxtor 80gb ide hdd on FastTRAK TX2000 in RAID0 [/var]

Though it installed perfectly and even managed to proper detect both promise controllers; after the first reboot is seems to have “lost” the TX2000 controller and is unable to mount the filesystem. The following error message I get while starting up.

/dev/mapper/pdc_dcagaiheeh1:

The fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/mapper/pdc_dcagaiheeh1 superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), the the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock: e2fsck –b 8193 (device)

Never had any problems with previous operating systems, but Linux somehow always manages to **** it up. (at least that is my experience)

Whom is able to help me out? I need this system badly.

Thx in advance!!

Edited by boolean

Hi there! I’m so desperate that I’ve signed up for this account ;) I’m trying to install Mandriva 2006 DVD Free, but it seems to have a problem with my Promise FastTRAK TX2000 raid array.

FastTRAK TX2000 Raid card is not a hardware raid. It runs through software and CPU. Promise only has the close source driver for redhat 9 and some other older distros. You can use it as a ata133 controller to set up any distro, but not its raid functionality. Unless you want to run FreeBSD, IDE controller functionality is the only thing you get when using linux in general and mandriva in particular.

J.T.

P.S. I have a FastTrak TX2000 myself.