Problems installing limewire [solved]

Smartistic

I downloaded Limwire.rpm from limewire.com . I opened the file and the installation wizard appeared (I had to install java 1.5 before) i clicked next and then it told me that the package installation is complete without asking me where to extract the files. There were no limewire files in my hardisk after the intallation. I used find only the rpm file. I wonder where is the executable that i can run. I double clicked the rpm file again and it told me that tha packalrage installation is already no sign of the executable file though.

please help

Simply press alt+F2, and then

limewire

The main exec script is typically in /usr/bin directory.

Does it start? (you should wait a bit, as it often takes quite some time). Or, try opening it from a console by typing the same thing- there you can read all error messages.

If it doesn't, then your java installation is missing a couple of links... open a console and type in

java -version

...and pass here the output.

And by the way instead of Limewire, which is since last October crippled on purpose, you could (and should) use FrostWire instead, which is the same thing, but without any limitation.

Edited by scarecrow