skype sound problem

Guest cartman

Guest cartman

i have mandriva2006 and sound blaster audigy

the problem is that when i talk with somebody he hears his own voice lauder then mine.

alhough it would be possible to talk this way, it is very annoing and it really prevents from using skype.

i hear everything perfect.

i tried to change something in kmix but it ended nothing.

i use ALSA codec.

sorry for my english, i am not nativ speaker :) i don't know if you need some more information. if so, just tell me :)

Guest cartman

I'm not using speakers, i have a headset. If i disable micophone boost it's even worse becouse the person who i speak with doestn't hear me at all..

I tried it with couple of friends. there was same problem with all of them.. :(

recently i tried really hard to set kmix so i could improve the sound.. well.. i managed to reduce the annoing echo but it still is so annoing that i cant speak. moreover, the sound quality is much much much worse than on windows' skype and i had to reduce sound level so much that i can hardly hear the other person:(

i think that it may be some problem with driver, but unfortunatelly i'have no knowledge to do something abuot it.

i really need skype! if i'm not able to improve skype on linux i will have to stay with windows :(