Can't apply updates via MCC Gui

Relic2K

Anyone;

I am starting to get a little concerned as my list of updates is growing, that I am unable to get updated. It started the OpenSSL patches, and now Xorg and several others will not update. I just keep getting discrepancy errors about other packages that are installed already. The errors look like this;

To satisfy dependencies, the following package(s) also need

to be installed:

lib64openssl0.9.7-0.9.7g-2.1.20060mdk, lib64openssl0.9.7-devel-0.9.7g-2.1.20060mdk

If I select yes then it just complains about the other packages that are already installed and will not replace the packages like it does with other updates. What is up with that ? The list is growing at a large rate. With other distros I didn't have this problem. The Software Update would just uninstall and replace the packages that I selected.

I have tried clearing the cache, running the commands from a console, and it still won't apply the updates. I have also searched the forum for help. I have noted that other ppl have been having the same problem that I am having, soome solved it, but none help my issue. Thanks in advance.

:evilmod:

Check the following directories, and if something exists, clear them and start again with the update process:

/var/cache/urpmi/partial

/var/cache/urpmi/rpms

I've had problems when downloads got interrupted and you only had half the rpm, and it was causing problems. This might help. I only normally just remove all the .rpm files.