Mandriva 2006 official updated

Hooonza

Hallo!

Can u help me? I have updated my mandriva (through internet, from an official update ftp), but after re-booting I get to the text mode instead of the grapfic one , with an error message: "no screens found" and the system didn't find any "fglrx".

Mandriva went well before the updating.

What happened? Can anybody help me please? I am a beginner with a linux. I have the ATI Radeon graphic, it isn't possible to repair the problem with drakconf (as root).

What about uninstalling any RPM (any drivers?) so that I can instal the original? Have you an idea about how to manage this?

Thanks!

H.

Two suggestions:

1. Before the upgrade, if you had the Mandriva ATI video driver installed, then boot into Failsafe mode from your lilo or grub menu. This takes you to command line mode as root. Execute the command XFdrake and reconfigure your video driver. Be sure to try the Test feature. Also be sure to select the feature to boot into graphics mode at startup. Then reboot (shutdown -r now).

2. If you had the proprietary ATI driver (downloaded from the ATI website) installed before the upgrade, you will have to try to re-install it. If that doesn't work, you may have to try using the Mandriva ATI driver.

Edited by jboy