evolution reminders [solved]

coverup

hey there...

Evolution (ver 2) has again decided to give me hard time... It occured to me that reminders about appointments no longer pop up. Some time ago, I needed to synch it with a palm PDA - I could have fiddled with gnome-pilot daemon a bit to get synching going... Evo 1.4 on another box shows appointments fine, but evo 2 does not. What do I need to tweak to get reminders back?

Edited by coverup

Well, not exactly solved... I found that the new test user does not have problems with evolution alarms. The problem was due to some gnome configuration issues. I never found the error, as I am never able to find anything in gnome config files - there is no logic in them (call it work of genius if you can understand reasons behind making evolution settings controlled by gnome config files, and not just one of them). So I just wiped out all those .gnome .gnome2 .gconf etc etc, and restarted KDE - and the problem was solved. Now I have to restore all my settings :devil::devil::devil::devil: