can't update amarok [solved]

Guest some_baffled_dude

Guest some_baffled_dude

i am trying to update amarok1.3.1-3mdk to 1.3.7-2.20060gm and i keep getting an error stating that it is unable to install (due to unsatisfied taglib[>= 1.4])

i have libtaglib0-1.4-1mdk and libid3tag0-0.15.1b-4mdk installed which I thought was the same thing as taglib, plus they came installed with the os

so what am I supposed to do?

I have tried both cmd line, and using the updater found in the "configure your computer" panel

Try pasting this into the command line and adding the amarok server to urpm.

urpmi.addmedia gkmweb http://www.gkmweb.com/amarok/2005LE with hdlist.cz

I did this and it seemed to grab everything that I needed for the install. If this doesn't work, try reading the readme found on the Mandriva Linux download page for amarok. It may be of some help.

Guest some_baffled_dude
Try pasting this into the command line and adding the amarok server to urpm.

urpmi.addmedia gkmweb http://www.gkmweb.com/amarok/2005LE with hdlist.cz

I did this and it seemed to grab everything that I needed for the install. If this doesn't work, try reading the readme found on the Mandriva Linux download page for amarok. It may be of some help.

ya I did all that (for 2006 though) and still no go, why doesnt it grab any of the dependencies? I even tried installing the newest taglib in hopes that maybe Libtaglib0 and taglib were different, but they conflict with each other...so I am stumped, someone please throw me a bone here