FlashPlayer support for Firefox in 2006 x86_64

mini

I have AMD 64 bit system and I'm running Mandriva 2006 x86_64 version. Unfortunately Flash Player plugin (FlashPlayer-7.0-1mdk) doesn't work in Firefox (mozilla-firefox-1.0.6-16.1.20060mdk). I know FlashPlayer is 32 bit and Firefox 64 bit though that was also a case in 2005 LE and everything was fine there. And Flash does work in Konqueror. Anyone having same problem? Or is it just my system...

And if it's not only my system does anyone tired it out with latest Firefox 1.5? It's a pity though there is no Firefox 1.5 rpm for Mandriva yet.

So why Flash plugin works perfectly fine in 64 bit Konqueror then? It looks like these are developers of Firefox that should take care of an issue!? (Of course Macromedia guys could/should provide 64 bit plugin). And as I've mentioned the same configuration 32 bit FlashPlayer and 64 bit Firefox was working fine in Mandriva 2005 LE

Mandriva hacked some things to have the 32 bit flashplayer working on a 64 bit os - not sure if the browser was not just 32 bits though...

I have no 64 bit system, so I can't tell you if the powerpack 64 bit version also works ok...

Since it seems to work in konq, there may be some issue with FF - not sure if something needs to be done there..?

Maybe you could try the 32 bit version of FF?