squid delay pool in MLE2005

tr3s

hi!

i installed squid proxy server using the package from the installation cds. is the squid delay pool feature already enabled in the installation? is there a way to check if its enabled? if not enabled then do i have to reinstall squid or just reconfigure it?

tnx a lot

I tend to use the drakwizards. If you install drakwizard, and then go into Configure Your Computer, in the Network Services, there will be Configure a web caching proxy server.

I then ran this, it takes you through the options to configure using the drakwizard. You have to install drakwizard first though, before this option becomes available.

If that doesn't help, check the /etc/squid/squid.conf file for more info.

i cant find anything about DELAY POOL in the drakwizard..

by the way, my concern right now is bandwidth management in squid and the DELAY POOL feature will be the key. It is said that squid must be compiled during installation with the --enable-delay-pools option. Now, i want to know if squid is already compiled with that option when i installed it using the MCC. is there a way to check it?

I've no idea, I would think a lot of the parameters would reside in the squid.conf file for setting such items. I only use the basics.

Have you checked here: http://www.squid-cache.org/

Their guides might help for checking if you've not already done so. Or, if you find it's not compiled, you can remove the rpm you've installed, and then compile from scratch.

Unless someone else here knows any more about squid.....

If it's not compiled with the option, you can just remove squid, and compile squid with the parameter you require.

This in itself isn't a big task to do. I can't think of anything else personally, but someone might know how squid is compiled for mandrake/mandriva to say whether the option is available or not, or how basic/advanced the compile is for squid.