Dell Inspiron 2200 [solved]

Urza9814

I'm trying to install Mandriva 2005 LE on an Inspiron 2200, and XOrg won't lad. I've tried several monitors, resolutions, all that stuff with no luck. Anyone get this working or have any ideas? I'm afraid I can't really give you any more details...it's an Intel 915 monitor, and XOrg says it can't find the display, if that helps any.

Try plugging in a different mouse and re-running xfdrake or discover, or whatever Mandriva uses to re-detect your hardware. Does anyone remember what it was?

It looks like you have some kind of special mouse, which might be causing the problems.

Also post the exact error message you get when you try to start xorg

Yea, the mouse is weird because it's a laptop...I don't see what that has to do with XOrg, but I'll try to find a USB mouse somewhere...it doesn't have any PS/2...

here's the error message:

Failed to load module "/usr/X11RC/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.a" (once-only module, 136033795)

I810: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) Found

No devices Detected.

Fatal server error:

No screens found

XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on K server ":0.0" after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.