Kontact will not start

sparrish

I just upgraded to Mandriva 2006 last night from 2k5 and all went well. I checked out the new version of Kontact and loved it so much, that I migrated everything from Evolution to Kontact. Then, after attempting to set up integration with eGroupware (which I couldn't get to work for some reason), Kontact will no longer open. In fact, none of the KDE-PIM apps will open. I tried running them from Konsole as well looking for some clues, but there were no errors reported. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I deleted the eGroupware entries from the config files thinking that may have caused the problem, but that didn't help.

To quickly find out if it's a config problem rename the (hidden) .kde folder in /home/<your name>. If that doesn't work it's a problem with the program. Try uninstall/install :)

(if that doesn't work search the board for strace and post the errors you find with it)

Thanks for the reply! Here's the confounding part, it fixed itself somehow. Naturally, I tried rebooting to see if it would help, and it didn't. Later, I booted in to Win2k for something and left it running overnight. Then this morning, I read your post and booted back into Linux to try your suggestion. When KDE booted, Kontact loaded. I didn't even click the button, it just loaded. :screwy: While we're on the subject of Kontact, has anyone successfully been able to integrate Kontact with eGroupware? I tried, and that's where my trouble began. Tried again this morning, and it crashed. If anyone managed to get it working, please pass along any tips you might have. Thanks!