MDK: 9.1 beta 3... USB Mouse.

Guest TheMole

Guest TheMole

For some reason I can't seem to get my USB mouse working under 9.1b3.

Apart from that, 9.1 looks extremely polished with the fonts ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!

Anyone have any information why my USB mouse (Logitech Wireless/Optical USB) doesn't work? I've heard other reports that their mice weren't detected too.

Mine didn't work either..it's a Microsoft Intellimouse USB (optical). Should I go ahead with the installation and hope i can configure it later on?

Same mouse as me, as I said above, mousedrake fixed it

anon, it doesn't work no matter how i try...it won't recognize it.

worst of all, i managed to run the xserver using the geforce generic (fbdev) device. It only does 800x600....

videocard is a GF4 Ti4200, for which i cannot install any nvidia drivers because THERE ARE NO KERNEL SOURCES TO BE FOUND !!!!!!

WHERE ARE THEY in beta3, on which CD and where is the install path...because in /usr/src/ there is NOTHING......

OK i tried it all....with no success....

i managed to get the nvidia drivers compiled successfuly from SRPMs, installed also OK, but can't get XFree to run on anything except FBDEV mode @ 800x600 with no mouse...

Sorry but my Beta3 adventure has to end here...i've seen enough crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've upgraded my kernel to 2.4.19-24 I too have lost my logitech USB mouse. After starting up, I have to run mousedrake and then restart the X server whereas I then have mouse services. On reboot, an error message about not finding /dev/usbmouse appears when it is trying to start mouse services.

Running mousedrake just fixes it until I reboot. I rebuilt my kernel from source and made sure my USB options were included.

Any ideas?