VNC in same window [solved]

remarque

Hi

I'm having this kind of issue. When logged in as a user in KDE i put in command VNCSERVER :1 to start vncserver with display 1.

But when connecting to this server from a remote computer, this remote computer automaticaly makes a NEW remote log on, instead of runnig VNCserver in the same window on server. What am i doing wrong? I've been using vnc for wuite a while now on other distros and Windblows and i did't have this kind of trouble yet

cheers

ssh into the server then start the vnc

you'll see the desktop you are looking for .

i've found starting the vncserver when local loads a light weight desktop i forget which one icewm i think.. but if i ssh into box then start vncserver you get the desktop you see at the server . i hadn't bothered with vncserver:1 :2 and so on it automagically numbers them .

vncserver on Unix/Linux creates a new desktop for each access. To access your already running desktop, I know of two ways, neither of which I have tried:

- enable the VNC module for XFree86/X.Org, or

- run the rfb0xserver (or something like that) instead of vncserver.

Yves.

vncserver on Unix/Linux creates a new desktop for each access. To access your already running desktop, I know of two ways, neither of which I have tried:

- enable the VNC module for XFree86/X.Org, or

- run the rfb0xserver (or something like that) instead of vncserver.

Yves.

Exactly. it start's new desktop! Do you know perhaps how to enable the "- enable the VNC module for XFree86/X.Org" , perhaps over URPMI or something like that?

As for the tfb0xserver or something... i tried it but it seems to me that it overloads the processor a little. Beside that it refuses to start if accesing computer over SSH...

As I said, I tried neither of those so I can't help.

However, I'm almost sure there must be a way to run tfb0xserver along with ssh, because as far as I know, Mandriva "DrakTerm" tool (for thin clients) is based on that.

Yves.

As I said, I tried neither of those so I can't help.

However, I'm almost sure there must be a way to run tfb0xserver along with ssh, because as far as I know, Mandriva "DrakTerm" tool (for thin clients) is based on that.

Yves.

Sorry about that, i didn't see that sentence

I have no idea how to run x0rfbserver on ssh, but anyway.. i gues i'll sitck witk VNC

cheers