Java not working [solved]

TheCrizu

:wall: My problem is that Java vm suddenly stopped working.This happened 2 days ago,and i just cannot associate it with any modification i had made.Of corse there HAS to be one,because it cant just "happen". When i try to use apps using it, i.e Azureus,it seem that they are starting, but then nothing. and,strangely,after 2minutes, it does start.(never seen this kind of thing).when i try to see webpages using java,the browser hangs up.And this happening in all desktops,kde gnome icewm,etc.I had uninstalled and installed java 3 times now,and problem is still there.So the problem cant be that the installation of java is "broken" somehow? So the problem has to be,that there is some other part of the system that i have updated recently,that somehow conflicts with java?What that can be?

and ther is no error messages whatsoever. :wall:

Im using the mandriva 2005LE.

Thanks

TheCrizu

Some time ago I had a simmilar problem, but I fixed it by reinstalling java.

Umm.. you don't happen to have two conflicting java installations?

Anyways, check for java dependencies and try reinstalling those, maybe some dep is broken thus affecting Java

p.s. You can do things as other user a lot quicker by simply fireing up a terminal (konsole, Eterm) and typing "su yourusername"

then type whatever program you want to launch

No need to log out/in

Some time ago I had a simmilar problem, but I fixed it by reinstalling java.

Umm.. you don't happen to have two conflicting java installations?

Anyways, check for java dependencies and try reinstalling those, maybe some dep is broken thus affecting Java

p.s. You can do things as other user a lot quicker by simply fireing up a terminal (konsole, Eterm) and typing "su yourusername"

then type whatever program you want to launch

No need to log out/in

How do i check dependencies?I have installed java from their website,that .bin package.perhaps i should check mdk.rpm packaged java?