Strange screen at beginning [solved]

link_

Hi.. recently my system freezed (le 2005 @ kde) while configuring sumthing... at the next boot i did system-checking and the assistent cleaned the file-system and booted linux... seems nothing got damaged or lost.. but at every reboot and startup @ kde i have following pop-up since the system freezed... before the freeze i didnt had that... what does it mean, why it is there and what to do now ?

PLZ help... THX !

:cry:

Moved from Installing Mandriva by theYinYeti.

post-12708-1127330489_thumb.jpg

Note: Some people here volunteered to translate posts from other languages into English. You can ask them :)

@Aomighty: it seems to me, this dialog box is simply asking for root's password to run konqueror as root.

Yves.

yes it is a box to run konqueror as root and its asking for the password... BUT i dont started konqueror.. after the system freeze, this screen starts up automatically after each start of kde... and the differentce to a normal konqueror window is that it says "konqueror -session blahbalhbalhblahblah...

so what it is and why does it start.. and whats the thing about it... i mean i comes since the system freeze so it cant be sumthing good...

This is just a theory, but KDE is probably just trying to restore the previous session that froze when you were configuring something. That could happen if the KDE Session Manager option for On Login is set to "Restore previous session". See below.

You can view and change this option with: Menu -> System -> Configuration -> Configure Your Desktop -> Components -> Session Manager. For example, try changing it to "Start with an Empty Session."

The text below is from the KDE Help documentation:

You may choose one of three options on what should happen when you log into KDE:

Restore previous session

If this option is checked, KDE will save your current session's state when you logout. KDE will restore your session on the next login, so you can continue to work with a desktop just like you left it.

Restore manually saved session

Instead of restoring KDE to the state it was when you logged out last, it will be restored to a specific state that you have saved manually.

Start with an empty session

If you choose this option, KDE will never restore sessions that it has saved.