Skype and Mandriva LE 2005

spnoe

I have just loaded Mandriva and have been very impressed with it. I decided to download Skype and used the RPM todo this. It downloaded fine and shows up in the "Available software" of the software configuration module. However, I can not find it on the application list and have tried to run a command to run the Skype software but to no avail. Any help much appreciated.

Steve : :wall:

Have you tried /usr/bin ???. It will look like a gear wheel. If you see it there then do a drag and drop to the desktop or to the panel (at the bottom) and when you release it select Link to here You can give it a decent icon of your choosing by right clicking on it and selecting Properties and when you click on the icon shown there it will open up the selection dialogue for you. Make your choice and close out.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers. John.

John, thank you very much. I managed to run the programme using the run command, listed in the munu list; which has a cog icon. Have not been able to save it to the application list (menu) as yet but will continue to try. Ps Have now found Skype as you direceted and have a working version on my desktop. Thanks again . It's good to know that us Silver surfers are keeping up with the younger bunch.

Thank you once again. I appreciate your time.

Steve

Edited by spnoe