Keyboard problems

Guest prhouse

Upgraded to Mandriva 2005 le from 10.1 comunity (using cds from downloaded from from the mandriva club site) evrything seemed to go well until I restarted the computer and found I had no keyboard, mouse works fine .

Have gone through evrey possible keyboard option and still nothing.

The machine is a HP pentium 2.8 with :help: two harddrives one running windows one running linux, with no problems until I upgraded to 2005 LE. The keyboard operates fine in windows and during installation.

The keyboard is a HP 106 key latinamerican keyboard.

I re downloaded and reburnt the cds and reupgraded and had the same problem

I am relatively new to linux felt good about it untill I traid to upgrade.

Can anyone help :help:

Hi and welcome to the board.

One thing worth checking is look in the BIOS for a Plug and Play OS option. This is best set to disabled, as it can cause issues with hardware being detected, which might be why you have a minor problem.

Another thing worth trying is to press ESC when the boot loader appears, and type:

linux noapic

if that fails, try

linux noapic nolapic

and also try

linux noapic acpi=off (or could be noacpi)

try them and report back how you get on.

Thanks for the help and the welcome.

Followed all the instructions but sadly still no keyboard, maybes its not a minor problem. Any new ideas. I am thinking of going back to 10.1 untill I can get hold of 2006, or is that chickening out.

No definitely not, I had problems with LE2005 on my laptop, and still use 10.1 Official on it. Although I am waiting for the latest release, so that I can try that on my laptop and see how it works :P

The only other thing I can think of is do you have a BIOS option for Legacy USB. This might be worthwhile toggling the option if disabled to enabled (or enabled to disabled if the other way around), and see if that makes a difference.