Video in KDE messed up

Magikx21

I just recently installed Mandriva LE 2005 on a computer of mine and when I load up the graphical interface to log into KDE the picture becomes a mess. The picture looks all cross-eyed and what not. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do about this. :help:

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Boot to a command line (see below) as the root user and enter the XFdrake command and then re-configure the video options as needed. Be sure you select the Test menu option after configuring your video card and monitor options to make sure you get a positive test screen pattern. Then reboot by entering the command: shutdown -r now

To boot to command line:

Select the Failsafe option from your boot menu. This will take you to a command line as the root user.

Alternately, you could press the ESC key at the boot menu and enter the command: linux 1

Well the problem went away when I jammed it into 640x480 resolution but now I'm stuck with a huge screen.

At a minimum, you should be able to select the VESA video driver with XFdrake, which would give you 800x600.

If you post your video card and monitor, maybe someone will have experience with them and could give you some tips.