Date & Time - Solved

osakasan

I have on one drive Windows and anther drive Linux, both are working very well, but there a problem with the Time.

When I adjust the Time in Windows, the Linux Time move hours ahead and I have to re-adjust the time in Linux, which changes the time as well in Windows.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Edited by osakasan

You probably have your TimeZone set differently in Linux than in Windows.

You can set your timezone in Linux by (1) right-clicking on the clock in the bottom right-corner of your screen and selecting Adjust Date and Time, or (2)running /usr/sbin/drakclock. You'll be prompted for the root password in both cases.

You might also look at the hwclock command

hwclock is a tool for accessing the Hardware Clock. You can display the current time, set the Hardware Clock to a specified time, set the Hardware Clock to the System Time, and set the System Time from the Hardware Clock.

It's in /sbin or /usr/sbin

See: man hwclock

EDIT: also see the info in the link below

http://doc.mandrivalinux.com/MandrivaLinux...gureTimezoneGMT

"GNU/Linux manages time in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and translates it to local time according to the time zone you selected. If the clock on your motherboard is set to local time, you may deactivate this by deselecting

Hardware clock set to GMT, which will let GNU/Linux know that the system clock and the hardware clock are in the same time zone. This is useful when the machine also hosts another operating system."

Edited by jboy