How to make Evolution links open Mozilla browser

kramsret

I've been using Evolution and Mozilla for a year now, and I've just been living with this problem:

When I recieve an email with a hyperlink in the text and click on it, nothing happens. Even a right click, "open link in browser": nothing.

Something's not configged right. Any suggestions?

ok, sorry to not just give you the answer, but if you are like me, you will like the challenge with a little nudge.

i dont think evo has you define which browser, but maybe you can with a evo config file in your ~ dir or something.

im thinking that it uses your default session browser. Seems to me that I just read in my startx or xinitrc file about setting default browser.. something like "whichmozilla" or "whichnetscape" or "whichlynx" strings of code.

What I guess I would do is to see if a url in something else pulled up the same browser that evo is pulling up. That would help you lean to the idea that it is the "session default browser" if there is such a term.

hope it helps some..

Thanks for the responses; I'm just reading them now.

I'll try a few things.

I'm using KDE 3. I can't find anything in Evolution that defaults any browser.

The thing is, NO browser opens. Nothing happens when I click an Evolution link.

There's an easy answer: start using Mozilla mail. But I'm trying to figure out Evolution.

If you can afford to test it, try renaming your evolution directory and then try it. Also, maybe you need to delete your .gnome2 or .gnome directories because once when I am using gnome I put galeon as my default browser, and everytime I click a link in evolution (even in other desktop such as kde or xfce), it opens galeon instead of mozilla. I have to erase my .gnome2 directory to make my evolution open mozilla again.