dual boot

I'm not certain where I should post this topic, I'd put it anyway here, though BSD is a little different to linux... K, I want to dual boot mandy and freebsd and I have 2 questions below.

1. Is it ok to use the existing linux swap partition with BSD and Mandy or I need to create one for BSD?

2. Should I have to make the HD (freebsd) a secondary master or its ok to be just the slave of HD where mandy resides.?

TIA

:)

Edited by aioshin

1. Is it ok to use the existing linux swap partition with BSD and Mandy or I need to create one for BSD?

You can use your existing swap. Some people will tell you that you need one swap partition per drive - this isn't necessary, but won't do any harm. So yeah, they will happily share the swap you have.

2. Should I have to make the HD (freebsd) a secondary master or its ok to be just the slave of HD where mandy resides.?

Slave is fine - Linux is happy living anywhere, so long as your bootloader (LILO or GRUB) point to the right partition.