Mandrake Update [solved]

neilinoz

I rely on using Mandrake Update to ensure that my PC is running smoothly and secure.

For the last 3 months or so, the updates have dried up. Everytime I use Mandrake Update, there are no updates listed.

I'd like to believe that Mandrake/Mandriva is now so damn good that it has reached perfection and no more updates are needed. The realistic side of me, however, smells a rat.

I can only think of two realistic possibilities:

1) That I have somehow stuffed up the updating (mainly via adding/removing some urpmi links)

2) That Mandriva, with their new corporate thinking, no longer supports free updates and has therefore told us to do the darn thing ourselves.

Any help?

There are a lot of updates available (some 50 or so till now), but I experienced that some mirrors that worked well for over a years suddenly did not work anymore. It is due to the shift from "Mandrake" to "Mandriva" afaik. Changing mirrors did fix it in my case.

Sorry guys but I should've posted that I had found the location before you replied.

Yeah - I clicked on the Easy-URPMI link at the top of the page. I'm now in the process of downloading 277mb of updates!

Thanks very much Arctic, you pointed me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

Neil Cameron

http://one-salient-oversight.blogspot.com/