urpmi advice against install [solved]

Arne

Hello Guys,

I would like to install abiword in my linux box because I use Abiword on my win xp box as well.

I have 2 rpm mdk packages and when I try to install them in 10.1 official I get this messages:

The following packages have bad signatures:  abiword-2.2.7-1.1010.1mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) (MISSING KEY) GPG#8b9e12ab NOT OK)  Do you want to continue installation ? (y/N) n   

The following packages have bad signatures:  abiword-2.1.8-1mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) (MISSING KEY) GPG#78d019f5 NOT OK)  Do you want to continue installation ? (y/N)

I have installed this program before and it works OK but at the same time I have to admit that kde is unstable. I don't know if this program is the reason, but you know in searching for errors......you have to turn every stone and this is one of them.

The reason I neglected this warnings before was someone in this forum saying this is bugs in 10.1. If that's true I must say this very confusing for newbies, like me.

Can anybody enlighten me or pointing me to a source that explain. :help:

Unfortunately this is a problem that occurs sometimes, and we all wish Mandrake/iva would fix it. Basically, each file has a signature, and thats supposed to be matched to a master signature set for that source. If it doesn't you get this error - it's supposed to be a safety precaution, but for some reason either you don't have the master signature set on your system or it's just wrong/not working. There isn't much you can do, and should just install it anyways.

tyme

Thank's. It strange, this was provided as a security measure---and it works opposite in a way.

Anyway I appreciate your reply.

Now I have installed abiword, but the abiword menu item don't show up in the kde start menu. I am trying to add this item in kde. Do you know how to do it??

Secondly I would like to put Abiword in the "bottom panel with a link to a logfile so when I open abiword it automatically loads the logfile.

When I use the add non kde application and write

abiword /home/arne3/lognotes

I am told lognotes is not executable (and cannot be used)

Do you now how to do it????

I would appreciate your help

Arne, where did you get those rpm packages?

Couldn't you have installed abiword by doing

urpmi abiword

or via the Mandrake control center - software installation?

I think it may not show up in the menu since Mandriva switched to the freedesktop.org menu standard.

Hello,

aRTee

The old one I installed from mdk 10.1 packages with urpmi but 2 dependencies in a loop forced me 2 parallel rpm .

The latest one from Mandriva mirror site.

Ixthusdan

Yes I got this late yesterday.

Furthermore I have abiword in panel which load my standard log file. Very convenient.

Many thanks both of you. :thanks: