Thunderbird 1.0.6 [Solved-Bug]

Guest mvs

I recently upgraded mozilla thunderbird from version 1.0.2 to 1.0.6. Although the "Help->About" screen in TB still says as version 1.0.2, the release notes of mozilla-thunderbird-1.0.2-2.1.102mdk.i586.rpm says that it is patched to the latest 1.0.6 version. The problem I have is one of extensions that I use has now stopped working. Webmail extension was working perfectly fine before I upgraded thunderbird. I checked the extension against mozilla build thunderbird version 1.0.6. That works perfectly fine. I wonder if the Mandriva release of Thunderbird version is different. If anyone has encountered a similar problem, kindly point to me if this is bug in Mandriva RPM or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

MVS

Edited by mvs

have you tried removing the extension and reinstalling it?

Yes. I did. I even created a new profile. But the problem occurs. If I use thac rpms, there is no problem. I think the Mandriva Build of Thunderbird is lacking something. It does work without the extension. May be this is Mandriva bug. The error thrown is NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE when the extension calls method nsIJSCID.getService

Any help would be appreciated.

MVS

Hmm it seems that even if mandriva claims that they patched the 1.0.2 source to equal 1.0.6

its obvious that they forgot something.

I dont get it why they judt didnt use the 1.0.6 source instead like i did.

or actually i do know there is the rule abput only adding fixes and updates to current release not new versions .

new versions are only allowed in cooker.

Edited by thac

That explains. So my solution is to erase mandriva thunderbird rpm and use your rpm or may be Mozilla Build tar.gz file. I like using rpm because of their ease of installation/upgrade/removal. I hope Mandriva will release a newer version based on the original source. Thank you Thac for maintaining your RPMs.

I wanted to be sure that this is a Mandriva bug and not my mistake. I will mark this topic as bug. Hopefully this will help others who have the same problem.

Thanks all for your help

MVS