Can't Get tv tuner to work

bb002

I have a "Asus A7n8x-x" MB with a "ATI Radeon All-in-wonder 9200" Video card.

I have tried going into the mandriva control center and attempted to open the tv tuner config in the hardware section. But the tv tuner piece never loads. I started to load the tv tuner config, left for work and came back 9 hours later to it still "loading". I can't seem to find anyware that provides the necessary help to manually configure the tuner.

But I think i need to reinstall mandriva 2005LE. My "Mandriva Menu" application Icons are disappearing/duplicating themselves at random. the internet section is empty and the office section has three copies of everything.

I'm going to reinstall mandriva and see if that makes a difference. Be back tomorrow with either results or a headache.

• 4 weeks later...

Man this has been a hectic month. School got the 440 tablet pc they ordered and i have been to busy getting those ready for... well... today when the got handed out. My high school is starting a one-to-one tablet pc for students and staff.

As a one of the two techies i got to image them, and wonder why our server started taking 48 hours to image 3 laptops with 6gb images when before it would do 30 pc in 2-3 hours with 6gb images... Turned out to be a failing scsi drive (what sucks was it was brand new, but the good news is since it was so new there was nothing but a copy of the image on it). got a new scsi drive and imaged 34 laptops in an hour flat :cheesy:. Too bad we only discovered that the hdd was dieing just this sunday.... At least one problem down. Now for my getting my tuner to work in mandriva....

I still got nothing after reinstalling. I'm using the default all-in-wonder driver that come with mandriva 2005LE. If that means anything.

I've replaced my ATI all in wonder card with an NVIDIA card (I still love my AllInWonder card though), but I can help you with your problem. Since you're running Mandriva, the drivers you need to install can be obtained via urpmi or the MCC.

You need to install the ati.2 driver and AVview to watch TV. If you want capture support, you can install the km module as well, but I would go the Myth TV route if you really want a fully functioning PVR. Once you have the driver installed, you'll have to make sure the correct input is set up in AVview and the proper cable setting are set up, but it shouldn't be to difficult to figure out

As another reference, here is a link to the GATOS project that provides these drivers.

GATOS ATI TV Tuner Project

I hope this helps, but if not, post any errors, and we'll go from there.