Updating Mandrake 9.2 to 2005 LE

red

Becasue of the current state of updates (bein unavailable for 9.2) I have been using 2005 LE with Virtual PC and am ready to upgrade my 9.2 box.

My question is, will this upgrade even work or will I experience problems. Should I just whack the drive and do a clean install?

Thanks,

RED

I agree: you should do a clean install. I tried the update path, starting from Mdk10.0. To my great surprise, the shift from XFree86 to X.Org was perfect, down to the smallest detail.

But I had, and still have a problem with the change from devfsd to udev. My Mdv2005 currently tries to run both! That's why I don't advise to upgrade.

Yves.

I agree: you should do a clean install. I tried the update path, starting from Mdk10.0. To my great surprise, the shift from XFree86 to X.Org was perfect, down to the smallest detail.

But I had, and still have a problem with the change from devfsd to udev. My Mdv2005 currently tries to run both! That's why I don't advise to upgrade.

Yves.

I managed to fix the devfsd issue when I upgrade from 10.0 to LE2005, but you had to find the files and edit accordingly, comparing against a 10.1 system to figure out where the problem was, and what text to put! :P

Still, clean install is probably better than an upgrade. At least you don't have to worry about things that might/might not work!

I upgraded from 10.0 to 2005LE, and ran into the devfs/udev problem. Luckily, Ian had primed me about this and I managed to get it sorted out.

See this thread: https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtop...ndpost&p=187257