Amd64 Installation..¿freezes?

Guest d3j4vu

Guest d3j4vu

Hi everybody. Newbie here. Glad to change my wintendo for a mandriva, but i'm still a newbie on linux matters and i have a anonying problem:

specs:

athlon 66 3000+ venice

1gb ram (512 x 2) ddr400 corsair xms c2pt on double channell

seagate sata 80Gb

two cd-rw

epox 9nja

msi x800xl pci-e

and a very frustrating feeling.

in the installation on mandrake 10.1, when i need to specify the type of drive (sata) the install just "hangs on", but not a typicall hang, but a active one: the mouse pointer is working, u can move across the screen, but maybe the installation just hangs on selecting what kind of sata or scsi drive install...

whit my old athlon xp never had a problem. may i send new pc to trash (lol) or wait for a new distro version of mandrake?

any help its apreciated.

sorry my english, im sudamerican.

cheers and thanx!

if you don't mind trying to install again, what may be helpful is if you - when it hangs - press ctrl+alt+f1 to see if there are any error messages or what may be occuring when it locks up.

Also, I believe there's an amd64 version of Mandrake 2005 LE - you may want to grab that from your favorite mirror (I like carroll though she gets full sometimes) and try it instead.